Ligurian Coast & Cinque Terre Kayak/Walk
Kayak Italy's Ligurian Coast, Italian Riviera and Cinque Terre
9 day trip 6 days kayaking, 2 days hiking
Our trip starts in the maritime capitol of Genoa, a vibrant port with a maze of medieval passageways. We can tour the town and sample a delicious gelato on our first night.
The next day we head to the Italian Riviera and the start of our sea kayaking itinerary along the coast towards Cinque Terre National Park. We paddle an average of 15kms per day, taking time out to explore the coastline, snack on the local foccacia and stretch out on the beaches with another gelato!
The October weather should provide us with mild conditions and fewer summer tourists—ideal travelling conditions. The hiking itinerary will take in the Cinque Terre villages of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso al Mare, every stop a feast for the senses!
We stay in small family run hotels every evening and immerse ourselves in Italian culture, enjoying dinner in local restaurants, sampling the regional wines and reliving the day's activities.
A fantastic itinerary exploring a jewel of the Mediterranean coast!
2017: 2695€ (Euros)
2018: 2750€ (Euros)
All meals from dinner on Day 1 to lunch on Day 9, 8 nights twin share in small family run hotels, park fees, transfer to La Spezia at end of the trip, some luggage transfers and all kayaking and safety equipment.
Tour cost does not include emergency evacuation charges, medical expenses, personal travel insurance, alcohol and items of a personal nature.
- * All trip costs are listed in Euros
- * Single Supplement: 400 Euros
Meet at group hotel, Genoa, Italy
- Day 1
- Arrive hotel in Genoa, afternoon briefing, city tour, dinner and culinary introduction.
- Day 2
- Transfer to Bogliasco or Sori and paddle to San Fruttuoso di Camogli. Overnight family run hotel.
- Day 3
- Paddle Ligurian coast to Rapallo and transfer to Riva Trigoso. Overnight family run hotel.
- Day 4
- Paddle to Levanto. Overnight family run hotel.
- Day 5
- Paddle along Cinque Terre coast to Corniglia. Overnight family run hotel.
- Day 6–7
- Day hikes through Cinque Terre region. Overnight family run hotel.
- Day 8
- Paddle to Portovenere, final dinner. Hotel accommodation.
- Day 9
- Final paddle around Palmaria island and celebratory lunch. Afternoon transfer to La Spezia train station.