explore tonga’s vava’u archipelago
Located 240 kilometres north of Tongatapu, the Vava’u group comprises 50 islands within a 23 by 25-kilometre area. Shielded by a curved reef, the closely knit Vava’u archipelago is a sea kayaker’s haven.
During our Tonga kayak expeditions, we blend leisure with adventure. We paddle mornings, reserving afternoons for snorkelling vibrant coral reefs, exploring tropical forests, and experiencing village life. Vava’u retains its serene pace from a century ago. Evenings find us on untouched beaches under the Southern Cross, embraced by the South Pacific’s warm breezes.
This trip is suitable for active paddlers with some kayak experience
8-day 10-17 July*
10-day 24 Jul-2 Aug, 7-16 Aug
*Special 8-day family-friendly departure, discounted rates for kids under 18 years . Contact our office for details.
8-day AU$3,450.00 per person
10-day AU$4350.00 per person
Trip costs are in Australian dollars, per person and based on twin share or double rooms. Enquire for the single room supplement cost.
- Return airport transfers between Lupepau’u Airport (Vava’u) and the group hotel.
- Hotel accommodation at our group hotel on a twin share basis for the first and last night of the trip.
- Double and single expedition kayaks, paddles, life jackets and safety equipment.
- Two person tents.
- Sleeping mattresses.
- Professional guide/s.
- Snacks and three meals a day on the kayaking portion of the trip.
- Any fights.
- Meals in Vava’u (except dinner on the last night).
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Airport taxes (if any).
- Travel insurance.
- Snorkelling gear.
- Single supplement fee.
- Items of a personal nature such as WIFI and laundry.
- Expenses incurred as a result of delays due to inclement weather, fight delays, logistical delays and resultant changes to the itinerary.
- Emergency evacuation charges.
Arrival, afternoon trip briefng and overnight at the group hotel
Begin kayak trip. Camping.
Exploring the Vava’u Archipelago. Camping.
Finish kayaking. Farewell dinner. Overnight at the group hotel.
Trip concludes with a transfer to Lupepau’u Airport.
what you’ll see
Contact our office to ensure that the trip you have selected is available. Or any other queries below.
Already Made up your mind?
to stay in the loop with new trips and exclusive offers