Indonesia's Raja Ampat Kayak & Live Aboard 2020/21
Live Aboard in Raja Ampat's archipelagoes
10–12 day trips 8–10 days kayaking
This trip will be on the Jakare an elegant Indonesian style ship with traditional design and modern comfort.
The fifteen hundred islands in the Raja Ampat archipelago are our paddling and snorkelling playground on our yacht-based trip. Using a traditional Indonesian style ship as our floating home, we travel in comfort as we cruise through the islands.
Air conditioned cabins with ensuites are perfect for a kayaking trip near the equator. We board our vessel in Sorong and paddle through the archipelago's incredible cays, islets, secret caves and hidden bays.
The marine biodiversity and rich coral reefs are among the finest in the world. We are one of the first to paddle in this area and there is also opportunity for divers to explore the underwater world as the ship is fully equipped for guests to go scuba diving.
Traditional villages, lush rainforest and exotic birdlife ensure unique experiences each day.
Don't miss out on this extraordinary kayaking journey.
Share with your friends
Easy to Moderate
2020: 12 Day Departure
12 day: 15 - 20 November
* *Private group departures of 10 or more available from Oct-May
12 Day: €4350* per person
Accommodation and meals aboard ship, kayak guide, all paddling equipment and certified dive master on ship. Port transfers at the beginning and end of voyage from airport or hotel. *Note: Single and double kayaks available.
Airfares, airport transfers, extensions, passport, visa, immigration fees, pre- and post-trip accommodation and transfers, alcohol. Meals in Sorong not included. Snorkel and diving equipment is available to rent and not included in the trip cost. Please advise the office on booking your trip if you’d like to scuba dive. PADI certification is required for any diving.
- * Cost in Euros depends on cabin chosen.
- * Delux cabin surcharge is an additional 150€ per person and Suite surchange is 250€ per person. Limited availability for single cabins—please enquire.
- * *Single Supplement applies. Price advised on request. Limited availability.
Meet at Sorong, West Papua, Indonesia
- Day 1
- Transfer from Sorong airport or hotel to ship. Depart Sorong and cruise to Mansoear Island for the first kayak outing.
- Day 2
- Explore the Fam Island group.
- Day 3
- Cruise to the Wayag islands for fantastic paddling and snorkelling.
- Days 4-7
- Explore the outer islands paddling among the countless cays and islets in the archipelago. Make our way slowly to Gam Island.
- Day 8
- Paddle Mangrove Lagoon.
- Day 9
- Explore Kabui Bay, winding through hundreds of limestone islands. Last paddle day.
- Day 10
- Morning arrival in Sorong. Trip concludes after breakfast.
- 12 Day itinerary includes five days exploring the remote Misool Islands.