Calvados Atoll Kayak Expedition
Louisiades: Sea kayak to Panasia
12 day trip 8 days kayaking
An extraordinary expedition to explore the remote Calvados Atolls hidden in the Louisiades Archipelago. This is a paddle into history where the indigenous people have a subsistence lifestyle trading food, fishing, sailing traditional outriggers and paddling dugouts. Exquisite coral reefs, white sandy beaches and brilliant azure waters ensure an unforgettable kayak adventure.
The chain of islands are picture perfect with short distances between idyllic campsites nestled on the atolls. The snorkelling is unparalleled with astonishing numbers of fish in the reefs. Our unique folding kayaks enable us to kayak in this last frontier. Bring your spirit of adventure for a journey of a lifetime.
Note: This is a true expedition and members will be expected to have camping experience and assist in the daily routines necessary to paddle in such a remote area.
Share with your friends
20 Apr–1 May, 4–15 May
* Prior camping experience essential
One nights accommodation (twin share) in Port Moresby. Camping in tents all other nights, all meals while paddling from the morning of Day 2 to breakfast on Day 12, kayak, camping and safety equipment, local boat transfers.
Any flights, travel insurance, alcohol and items of a personal nature. Accommodation in Cairns not included.
- * Single supplement cost: tba
Meet at Cairns, Queensland
- Day 1
- Early morning flight to Port Moresby continuing on to Misima Island.
- Day 2
- Explore island and prepare expedition food.
- Day 3
- Boat transfer to Calvados Islands campsite. Afternoon paddle.
- Day 4-7
- Expedition paddling through island chain.
- Day 8
- Explore Utian and Panatawal islands. Village visit.
- Days 9-10
- Paddle and explore Panaisa island.
- Day 11
- Pack up. Travel by sailing outrigger to Utian. Transfer to Misima. Flight to Port Moresby.
- Day 12
- Return flights to Cairns. Trip concludes.
- Remote expedition paddling