Calvados Atoll Kayak Expedition
Louisiades: Sea kayak to Panasia
11 day trip 8 days kayaking
An extraordinary expedition to explore the remote Calvados Atolls hidden in the Louisiades Archipelago. This is a paddle into history where the indigenous people have a subsistence lifestyle trading food, fishing, sailing traditional outriggers and paddling dugouts. Exquisite coral reefs, white sandy beaches and brilliant azure waters ensure an unforgettable kayak adventure.
The chain of islands are picture perfect with short distances between idyllic campsites nestled on the atolls. The snorkelling is unparalleled with astonishing numbers of fish in the reefs. Our unique folding kayaks enable us to kayak in this last frontier. Bring your spirit of adventure for a journey of a lifetime.
Note: This is a true expedition and members will be expected to have camping experience and assist in the daily routines necessary to paddle in such a remote area.
Inquire about Trip
Share with your friends
*Pending updated travel advice. Enquire for details.
* Prior camping experience essential
Two nights guesthouse accommodation on Misima. Camping in tents all other nights, all meals while paddling from the morning of Day 2 to lunch on Day 10 and breakfast on Day 11, kayak, camping and safety equipment, local boat transfers.
All domestic and international flights, travel insurance, alcohol and items of a personal nature. Accommodation in Port Moresby not included. Excludes lunch and dinners in Misima and Port Moresby.
- * Single supplement cost: tba
Meet at Misima Island guesthouse, PNG
- Day 1
- Morning flight from Port Moresby to Misima Island. Transfer to Misima guesthouse. Briefing, accomodation in Misima Island Guest House.
- Day 2
- Boat transfer to Calvados Islands campsite. Afternoon paddle.
- Days 3–9
- Expedition paddling through island chain.
- Day 10
- Pack up kayaks and equipment. Transfer by sailing outrigger to Utian island and then motor vessel to Misima island. Accommodation in Misima Island Guest House.
- Day 11
- Morning exploring Misima island. Trip concludes. Mid-day flight to Port Moresby and transfer to hotel.