Nature at its best: sea kayaking the Norwegian Arctic
11 day voyage 8–9 days kayaking
Kayaking among the wonder and beauty of Spitsbergen, in the Norwegian High Arctic is something very special! Life explodes during the brief Arctic summer, and sea kayaks are a superb way to see walrus, reindeer, and millions of migratory birds. Our circumnavigation of Spitsbergen (Svalbard) takes us within 600 miles of the North Pole, well into the realm of the polar bear. Using the mother-ship as a base, and with 24 hours of daylight, we make the most of each opportunity on this Arctic kayak trip. Hikes over flower-speckled tundra are a pleasing contrast to paddles through narrow ice-choked fjords. The fossil-rich polar desert in the east, towering mountains in the west, and panoramic glacial vistas provide stunning backdrops to Svalbard’s rich Arctic wildlife, and the remains of 16th and 17th century whaling activities.
Share with your friends
22 June - 2 July, 2 July - 12 July *2 July 2020 departure ends in Kirkenes, Norway
Accommodation and meals aboard ship, kayak guide, all paddling equipment including dry suit.
All international and domestic airfares.
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen
- * All trip costs are listed in Australian dollars
Meet at Longyearbyen, Norway
- Day 1
- Board mothership, cruise north along Isfjorden, kayak briefing.
- Day 2–10
- Day paddles while circumnavigating Spitsbergen.
- Day 11
- Return to Longyearbyen. Trip concludes. *2 July 2020 departure ends in Kirkenes, Norway
- Call or email our office to request detailed trip notes.