Subantarctic Kayaking: Subantarctic Islands of New Zealand & Australia
Galápagos of the Southern Ocean
13 day voyage 5–7 days kayaking
Kayak among the prolific wildlife of the subantarctic islands of New Zealand and Australia and experience the rich biodiversity of a UNESCO world heritage area. We visit the Snares, Auckland, Macquarie and Campbell island group. The islands are home to immense numbers of seabirds including albatross, prions, terns, shearwaters and petrels and surrounded by colonies of Royal Penguins, Kings, Rockhoppers and Gentoos. Elephant seals, furs seals, sea lions and whales ensure this treasure trove of wildlife is the scene for many paddling adventures. Join us on a humbling and inspirational expedition in this southern ocean "Galápagos". Our subantarctic kayaking adventures take place aboard the mother-ship, Spirit of Enderby, home to a fleet of sturdy plastic kayaks. If you choose to paddle with us, you’ll be a member of a small select paddling group that is accompanied by a dedicated kayak guide. You’ll have the option to kayak every day that conditions permit—or even twice a day. These are small-ship expedition cruises rather than fully programmed tours, and each Subantarctic sea kayaking trip is guaranteed to have new and inspiring experiences. Book now to reserve a spot on this adventure of a lifetime.
Share with your friends
22 Dec/2019 – 3 Jan/2020
From USD $8375
Pre/Post cruise transfers, one night hotel accommodation (twin share plus dinner and breakfast), all on board ship accommodation with meals and all expedition shore excursions. Kayak equipment, kayak guide and dry suit.
All items of a personal nature, laundry, drinks, gratuities, international/domestic flights, visas and travel insurance.
- * Cost includes US $800 landing fees
- * All trip costs are listed in US dollars
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen
Meet at Dunedin, New Zealand
- Day 1
- Meet at Dunedin Hotel, group dinner, overnight hotel.
- Day 2
- Transfer to Port of Otago, board mothership.
- Day 3
- The Snares: NE Island paddle and cruise.
- Days 4-5
- Auckland Islands: Enderby Island, Carnley Harbour paddle and exploring.
- Day 6
- At Sea
- Days 7-8
- Macquarie Island. Kayak and shore visits.
- Day 9
- At sea
- Days 10-11
- Campbell Island. Kayaking weather permitting.
- Day 12
- At sea.
- Day 13
- Disembark Bluff, transfer to Invercargill. Trip concludes
- Contact us for a detailed itinerary.