Subantarctic Kayaking: Subantarctic Islands of NZ
Forgotten Islands of the South Pacific
8 day voyage 4–5 days kayaking
Join us for an adventurous week of kayaking in the subantarctic islands of New Zealand. The rich biodiversity of this UNESCO world heritage area provides a backdrop for the most extraordinary of wildlife experience. We visit three island groups, the Snares, Auckland and Campbell Island, home to immense numbers of seabirds including albatross, prions, terns, shearwaters, petrels, yellow eyed penguins, rockhoppers and erect crested penguins. Fur seals, Hooker sea lions, dolphins and whales add to an amazing week of natural history and paddling adventures. Join us for a week you will never forget. Our subantarctic kayaking adventures take place aboard the mother-ship, Spirit of Enderby, home to a fleet of sturdy plastic kayaks. If you choose to paddle with us, you’ll be a member of a small select paddling group that is accompanied by a dedicated kayak guide. You’ll have the option to kayak every day that conditions permit—or even twice a day. These are small-ship expedition cruises rather than fully programmed tours, and each Subantarctic sea kayaking trip is guaranteed to have new and inspiring experiences. Book now to reserve a spot on this adventure of a lifetime.
Share with your friends
3 – 10 Jan
From USD $5500
Pre/Post cruise transfers, all on board ship accommodation with meals and all expedition shore excursions. Kayak equipment, kayak guide and dry suit.
All items of a personal nature, laundry, drinks, gratuities, international/domestic flights, visas and travel insurance.
- * Cost includes US $400 landing fees
- * All trip costs are listed in US dollars
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen
Meet at Invercargill, New Zealand
- Day 1
- Meet at Invercargill Hotel, transfer to Bluff, board mothership.
- Day 2
- The Snares - NE Island paddle and cruise.
- Days 3-4
- Auckland Islands - Enderby Island, Carnley Harbour paddle and exploring.
- Days 5-6
- Campbell Island. Kayaking weather permitting.
- Day 7
- At Sea
- Day 8
- Disembark Bluff, transfer to Invercargill. Trip concludes
- Contact us for a detailed itinerary.