Scotland, Norway and Spitsbergen: Across the Arctic Circle
Paddle north to the Arctic: land of the midnight sun.
14 day voyage 8–9 days kayaking
Kayak the remote outer islands of Scotland, the rugged Norwegian coast and the Arctic—a wonderfully diverse journey aboard our Polar mothership, Polar Pioneer. After exploring the caves, cliffs and mysterious ruins of Scotland’s northern islands we cruise and paddle our way steadily north to Norway, across the Arctic Circle amongst a maze of islands and channels strewn along the entire Norwegian coast. Remote fishing settlements and spectacular skylines beckon in a land forged by retreating glaciers. Ever northward we finally reach the remote archipelagos of Svalbard (Spitsbergen) and breeding grounds for many of the migratory sea birds. The land of 24 hr daylight, tundra and the realm of the polar bear. Here, we’ll kayak under glaciers,and in narrow bays on the lookout for walrus, seals, whales, reindeer and arctic fox. Join us on this fantastic coastal kayak exploration.
Share with your friends
2 – 15 Jul
From AU $8550
Accommodation and meals aboard ship, kayak guide, all paddling equipment including dry suit. Tour in Longyearbyen and transfer to LYR airport.
All airfares and pre- cruise accommodation and transfers.
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen
- * All trip costs are listed in Australian dollars
Meet at Aberdeen, Scotland
- Day 1
- Board ship Aberdeen, kayak briefing, set sail for Orkney Islands.
- Day 2–3
- Day paddles Orkney islands and Fair Isle.
- Day 4
- Explore the most northly British isles; Shetland Islands.
- Day 5
- At Sea to Norwegian coast.
- Day 6–9
- Day paddles Norwegian Coastline.
- Day 10–13
- Cruise and kayak the south and west coast Spitsbergen.
- Day 14
- Arrive Longyearbyen, disembark, airport transfer.
- *Call or Email our office to request detailed trip notes.