Indonesia's Raja Ampat Paddling Odyssey
Expedition Kayaking in Raja Ampat's island paradise
11 day trip 7 days kayaking
Raja Ampat is a spectacular paradise, teeming with wildlife above and below the surface. The area has one of the world’s highest concentration of marine biodiversity and is a diving "hot spot". The paddling is world class and with 1500 limestone islands to explore, the dazzling variety is overwhelming as we cruise through a maze of tiny islands. On this 11 day trip we enjoy 7 days of kayaking and spend 4 nights in local homestays, a fantastic way to experience the local culture and meet the people. We spend two nights in a hotel in Sorong and enjoy 4 nights of wilderness camping. It’s a true expedition in nature, and each day brings exciting new adventures. We are way off the "tourist" path. With only subsistence fishing by local villagers allowed in the area, the ecosystem is largely undisturbed. Teeming with fish and colourful corals, we’ll snorkel at ever opportunity and take in the wonders of the underwater world. We’ll explore vast subterranean limestone caves, full of incredible stalactites and stalagmites which few people have set foot in. Your two guides will prepare all meals featuring a nice blend of Asian and Western cooking. We’ll serve dinner each night as the sun sets relaxing in one of the most spectacular dining rooms in the world. After 8 days we’ll return to Sorong, and enjoy a hot shower, cold beverage and a soft bed.
Share with your friends
Easy to Moderate
2 – 12 Nov - FULL
18 – 28 Jan
2020 & 2021 Cost: AU $4200
Two nights accommodation in Sorong (twin share) at the beginning and end of the trip and four nights accommodation in Homestays (twin share). All meals while on trip, one western kayak guide and one Papuan guide, all paddling equipment, and ferry transfers to Waisai. *Note: Single and double kayaks available.
Airfares, airport transfers, extensions, travel insurance, passport, visa, immigration fees, pre- and post-trip accommodation and transfers, alcohol. Meals in Sorong not included. Snorkel equipment, tent and sleeping mat.
- * *Single Supplement applies. Price advised on request.
Meet at Sorong, West Papua, Indonesia
- Day 1
- Fly to Sorong, make your way to Hotel. Welcome briefing at hotel after dinner.
- Day 2
- Ferry transfer to Waisai, arriving in the early afternoon. Kayak briefing and gear familiarisation. Overnight Homestay.
- Day 3
- Paddle to Gam Island. Camping.
- Day 4
- Paddle through incredible maze of limestone islands. Homestay.
- Day 5
- Paddle "The Passage" and Hidden Bay. Overnight camping on Gam.
- Day 6
- Paddle western shores of Gam island and Pef Islands. Camping.
- Day 7
- Paddle along the south coast of Gam Island. Homestay.
- Day 8
- Paddle into Besir Bay and mangrove lagoon. Camping on Gam island.
- Day 9
- Paddle through Mangrove Bay to Waisai. Overnight Homestay.
- Day 10
- Ferry from Waisai to Sorong. Overnight hotel.
- Day 11
- Breakfast at Hotel. End of trip arrangements.