Indonesia's Raja Ampat Kayak & Live Aboard
Live Aboard in Raja Ampat's archipelagoes
10–12 day trips 8–10 days kayaking
The fifteen hundred islands in the Raja Ampat archipelago are our paddling and snorkelling playground on our yacht-based trip. Using a 137 ft traditional South Celebes finisi style ship as our floating home, we travel in comfort as we cruise through the islands. Air conditioned cabins with ensuites are perfect for kayaking around the equator. We board our vessel in Sorong and paddle through the archipelago's incredible cays and islets. The marine biodiversity and rich coral reefs are among the finest in the world. We are one of the first to paddle in this area and there is also opportunity for divers to explore the underwater world as the ship is fully equipped for guests to go scuba diving. Traditional villages, lush rainforest and exotic birdlife ensure unique experiences each day. We explore secret caves and hidden bays among the limestone jewels. Don't miss out on this extraordinary kayaking journey.
Share with your friends
Easy to Moderate
2019/20 10 & 12 Day Departures
2019: 10 day: 11–20 Nov
* *Private group departures of 10 or more available from Oct-May
2020: 12 Day Departure
2020: 12 day: 7–18 Jan
2019: 10 Day:11–14 pax: €4200, 10 pax: €4500
2020: 12 Day: €4250* per person
Accommodation and meals aboard ship, kayak guide, all paddling equipment and certified dive master on ship. Port transfers at the beginning and end of voyage from airport or hotel. *Note: Single and double kayaks available.
Airfares, airport transfers, extensions, passport, visa, immigration fees, pre- and post-trip accommodation and transfers, alcohol. Meals in Sorong not included. Snorkel and diving equipment is available to rent and not included in the trip cost. Please advise the office on booking your trip if you’d like to scuba dive. PADI certification is required for any diving.
- * Cost in Euros depends on cabin chosen. Master cabins fully booked in 2019.
- * Master cabin surcharge in 2020 is an additional 1150€ per person. Limited availability for single cabins—please enquire.
- * *Single Supplement applies. Price advised on request. Limited availability.
Meet at Sorong, West Papua, Indonesia
- Day 1
- Transfer from Sorong airport or hotel to ship. Depart Sorong and cruise to Mansoear Island for the first kayak outing.
- Day 2
- Explore the Fam Island group.
- Day 3
- Cruise to the Wayag islands for fantastic paddling and snorkelling.
- Days 4-7
- Explore the outer islands paddling among the countless cays and islets in the archipelago. Make our way slowly to Gam Island.
- Day 8
- Paddle Mangrove Lagoon.
- Day 9
- Explore Kabui Bay, winding through hundreds of limestone islands. Last paddle day.
- Day 10
- Morning arrival in Sorong. Trip concludes after breakfast.
- 12 Day itinerary includes five days exploring the remote Misool Islands.