Myanmar Kayak and Sail Adventure
Cliffs and beaches of the Mergui Archipelago - yacht based
10 day trip 8 days kayaking
Sea kayak the remote south coast of Myanmar on this tropical adventure holiday. Paddle along the stunning cliff lines, through dramatic sea caves and along islands fringed with dense green rain forest. You'll have your choice of white sand beaches to land on as you explore some of the 800 islands that make up the beautiful Mergui Archipelago.
The south coast of Myanmar (Burma) stretches for over 1900 km along the Bay of Bengal and into the Andaman Sea. The Mergui Archipelago is in the far south on the Western shore of the Malay Peninsular, close to the border with Thailand.
The Mergui Islands are a tropical paradise that have remained relatively untraveled, even as Myanmar opens to Western tourism. Home to an ethnic minority called the Moken, or Sea Gypsies, the islands have remained relatively isolated from external impacts.
The Moken have retained a traditional way of life centered on gathering from the sea. You'll have the chance to encounter them on their traditional boats and experience first hand their way of life.
Imagine paddling alongside towering granite and limestone cliffs, through deep azure water with stunning white sandy beaches around every corner. Drift in your kayak alongside of the dense wall of tropical rain forest that cloaks the islands, looking out for dolphins, whales and dugongs.
Mangrove forests abound with life as you explore the hidden waterways. You’ll paddle inside sea caves and delight at the colours and sounds of the tropics.
Our modern yacht will provide a welcome refuge and comfortable accommodation. The yacht will anchor overnight in sheltered coves and you’ll relax on the deck in the shade. Delicious fresh Thai meals are served on board and you’ll love life on board our floating home.
Each day our yacht will move us to a new location where you can launch your kayak to explore the latest island, paddle past towering granite spires and into hidden sea caves. You'll have plenty of time to snorkel on the coral reef and explore the underwater world.
Join us on this exciting new trip in yet another tropical adventure paddling playground.
Share with your friends
Easy to Moderate
17 – 26 January
* Private departures available on request.
$4300 USD per person - Standard cabins twins and doubles with ensuite
$4800 USD per person - Suite, large cabin with Queen bed, single bed and private ensuite
Air conditioned double and twin accommodation and meals while aboard yacht. Twin share accommodation in Ranong on first and last night. Western kayak guide, yacht crew of three and local Burmese guide. All paddling equipment. Transfers to/from Ranong Harbour and Myanmar at the beginning and end of trip. Special permit to enter Mergui area.
Airfares, airport transfers, extensions, passport, visa, immigration fees, travel insurance, alcohol. Meals in Ranong not included.
- * Cost in USD depends on cabin chosen.
- * Single Supplement applies. Price advised on request. Limited availability.
Meet in Ranong, Thailand
- Day 1 - Tinidee Hotel, Ranong
- Arrive Ranong, evening meeting at hotel. Trip briefing.
- Day 2 - Kawthuang and Barwell Island
- Transit to Ranong Harbour and Kawthuang, Myanmar. Board yacht and cruise to Barwell Island. Snorkeling and possible evening paddle.
- Day 3 - Islands south of Buda Island
- Morning yacht cruise to triple Islets south of Buda Island. Paddle around western island.
- Day 4 – Peaked and Great Swinton Islands
- Yacht cruise to the stunning Peaked Island, snorkeling. Yacht to Great Swinton Island, paddling sea cliffs, arches and caves. .
- Day 5 –Lord Loughborough
- Yacht cruise to Western Mergui Islands. Paddle west coast of Lord Loughborough.
- Day 6 –Ba Wei Island and Macleod Island
- Stunning morning cruise to Ba Wei Island and later Macleod Island. Paddle sea cliffs, caves and beaches.
- Day 7 –Macleod Island and Hero Islands
- Paddle south along Macleod Island, yacht cruise to the dramatic Hero Islands.
- Day 8 - Limestone Islands
- Paddle a group of stunning limestone islands. Hidden lagoons, immense caves and impressive stalactite lined cliff walls.
- Day 9 – Kawthuang and Ranong
- Sunrise paddle or swim. Cruise back to Kawthuang. Transit back to Ranong and Tinidee Hotel.
- Day 10 – Ranong
- Transfer to Ranong Airport and depart.