Melanesia Discoverer: Kayak Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands
Sea kayak exotic PNG and the Solomons—Gems of Melanesia!
14 day voyage 10–11 days kayaking
A kayak adventure of discovery to the remote outer islands of Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands. This exotic Melanesian cruise takes place aboard the mother-ship, Spirit of Enderby, a 50-berth expedition vessel and home to a fleet of sturdy kayaks. Experience primitive jungle, volcanoes, pristine coral reefs, exotic birds and one of the most culturally diverse areas on the planet. This is remote tropical paddling at its best, matched with superb wildlife viewing, both above and below our kayaks! Our adventure starts in Madang, Papua New Guinea, and finishes in Honiara in the Solomons, with a string of exotic islands ready to explore in between! This is a small-ship expedition where we delight in spontaneous opportunities rather than sticking to a fully programmed and rigid schedule. There is the option to kayak every day that conditions permit as we discover the Sepik River, Bismark Sea and the Manus and Mussau Islands. Our journey continues eastward to Kavieng, Rabaul and the extraordinary coral atoll of Nissan Island. Ever eastward we explore the vibrant areas surrounding Bougainville Island before reaching the Solomon Islands. The remote north coast of Choiseul, New Georgian Islands and the bio-diverse Arnavon Islands north-west of Santa Isabel offer sensational birding, diving, snorkelling and kayaking. Each Melanesian sea kayaking trip is accompanied by a professional kayak guide to enhance your paddling experience. Don’t miss out on an extraordinary adventure!
Easy to Moderate
6 – 19 Oct
From USD $8590
Accommodation and meals aboard ship, kayak guide, all paddling equipment, snorkel equipment where available. One night accommodation Madang Resort, airport transfers at the beginning and end of voyage.
Optional specialized birding and diving programmes, extensions, passport, visa, immigration fees, airfares, pre- and post-cruise accommodation and transfers.
- * Includes US $600 Discovery Fee which covers landing costs and fees at each island.
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen
- * All trip costs are listed in US dollars
Meet at Madang, Papua New Guinea
- Day 1
- Fly to Madang, transfer to Madang Resort. Welcome briefing at Resort over dinner. Short kayak introduction.
- Day 2
- Visit wildlife reserve, Madang markets, optional birding and reef excursions. Board ship in the afternoon, set sail for Sepik River. Kayak Briefing.
- Day 3–4
- Explore Sepik River and tributaries.
- Day 5
- Manus Island.
- Day 6
- Mussau Islands.
- Day 7
- Kavieng, New Ireland.
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Nissan Island or Green Island.
- Day 10
- Bougainville Island.
- Day 11
- Choiseul Island, Solomons.
- Day 12
- New Georgia Islands.
- Day 13
- Arnavon Islands and Santa Isabel.
- Day 14
- Arrive Honiara, Disembark
- *Call or email our office to request detailed itinerary.