Tuamotus Kayak/Sail Expedition
Kayak the untrampled Tuamotus in French Polynesia (Tahiti)
9 day trip 7 days kayaking
Our Tuamotus kayak and sailing expedition is a rare opportunity to visit this untrampled paradise. These beautiful atolls are the jewel in the crown of French Polynesia. The 77 islands that make up the group are set to the west of the most famous island, Tahiti.
Kayaking is the Tuamotus Islands conjures images of idyllic coconut lined beaches and pristine waters. We aim to spend our time exploring three atolls, beginning with Fakarava and exploring three atolls. As well as kayaking there will be plenty of time for swimming and snorkelling in the crystal clear lagoons.
The Tuamotus Islands are atoll formations where coral ringlets form protective rings around interior lagoons. This allows the flourishing of vibrant and rare plant and marine life so unique that UNESCO has declared the atoll of Fakarava a Biosphere Reserve. In our kayaks we will have the perfect opportunity to explore these pristine waters.
Our eighteen metre catamaran is well equipped with generous cabins each with a private ensuite with hot and cold fresh water. There is a chef onboard to produce delicious meals, favouring fresh fish and fruit. There is plenty of space to sit back and relax in comfort on the covered back deck. For those interested, by arrangement, the yacht is fully equipped for diving.
Bring your spirit of adventure on this exploratory trip, as our itinerary is open to change when we discover new and exciting opportunities for kayaking.
Our home will be aboard an eighteen-metre luxury catamaran which will provide us will all the comforts we need for our journey. Join us on this unique opportunity to visit this remote area by kayak while enjoying luxurious comfort.
The Tuamotus trip is a sailing and kayaking trip to one of the most remote pieces of paradise on the earth.
Share with your friends
13 - 21 November
From €4500 p/p for Deluxe cabins
€5000 p/p for Superior cabin
Accommodation (limited twin beds available on the yacht), and meals while aboard yacht. Western kayak guide, yacht crew and dedicated chef. All paddling equipment.
Airfares, airport transfers, extensions, passport, visa, immigration fees, travel insurance, alcohol.
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen.
- * All trip costs are listed in Euros.
Detailed itinerary will follow.
- Day 1
- Transfer to hotel. Remainder of day is at your leisure.
- Day 2, board yacht.
- Days 3 - 7, explore the atolls of the Tuamotus.
- Our day to day itinerary will be directed by the islands, wind and weather as we make our way throught the atolls exploring this wild tropical paradise. Kayaking opportunities abound as we paddle in crystal clear lagoons. We will keep our eyes peeled for wildlife in the surrounding waters and will make regular shore breaks for snorkelling on the coral and swimming.
- Day 8, Return.
- As the journey's end draws near we will retrace our steps. This time will be spent relaxing on the yacht.
- Day 9, trip concludes.
- Disembark yacht.