Tuamotus Kayak/Sail Expedition
Kayak the Tuamotus Islands in French Polynesia (Tahiti)
9 day trip 7 days kayaking
Our Tuamotus kayak and sailing expedition is a rare opportunity to visit a group of less visited islands and atolls in French Polynesia. The 77 islands that make up the Tuamotus group are set to the west of the most famous island, Tahiti.
We intend to explore three atolls; Fakarava, Kauehi and Toau. As well as kayaking there will be plenty of time for swimming and snorkelling in the crystal clear lagoons.
The Tuamotus Islands are atoll formations where coral ringlets form protective rings around interior lagoons. This allows the flourishing of vibrant and rare plant and marine life so unique that UNESCO has declared the atoll of Fakarava a Biosphere Reserve. In our kayaks we will have the perfect opportunity to explore these pristine waters.
Our eighteen metre catamaran is well equipped with generous cabins, each with a private ensuite with hot and cold fresh water. There is a chef onboard cooking up delicious meals, favouring fresh fish and fruit. There is plenty of space to sit back and relax in comfort on the covered back deck. For those interested, by arrangement, the yacht is fully equipped for diving.
Bring your spirit of adventure on this exploratory trip, as our itinerary is open to change when we discover new and exciting opportunities for kayaking.
The Tuamotus trip is a sailing and kayaking trip to one of the most remote pieces of paradise on the earth. Join us on this unique opportunity to visit this remote area by kayak while enjoying the comfort of a live aboard.
Inquire about Trip
Share with your friends
21 - 29 November
€4500 p/p for Deluxe cabins
€5000 p/p for Superior cabin
Accommodation (limited twin beds available on the yacht), and meals while aboard yacht. Western kayak guide, yacht crew and dedicated chef. All paddling equipment.
Airfares, airport transfers, extensions, passport, visa, immigration fees, travel insurance, alcohol.
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen.
- * All trip costs are listed in Euros and per person.
- Day 1
- Arrive Fakarava Airport, Tuamotus. Transfer to catamaran.
- Days 2-8
- Our day to day itinerary will be directed by the wind and weather as we make our way through the atolls, exploring this wild tropical paradise. Kayaking opportunities abound as we paddle in crystal clear lagoons, keeping our eyes peeled for wildlife in the surrounding waters. We will make regular shore breaks to explore islands and snorkel over colourful coral reefs.
- Day 9
- Breakfast on the catamaran before a transfer to Fakarava airport.