Inuit Arctic & Beyond
Explore Iceland, South Greenland, Labrador and Newfoundland by kayak
21 day voyage 13 days kayaking
From the world’s youngest volcano to some of the oldest rocks found anywhere on Earth, you’ll encounter traditional Inuit communities whose strong cultures have remained relatively unchanged for tens of thousands of years and discover the history and hear stories about ancient Viking cultures that inhabited the region.
We begin our paddling odyssey exploring Westman islands in Iceland before striking for SE Greenland.
We kayak and explore the dramatic landscapes and inner fjords and sounds of South Greenland. Steep mountains and glaciers rise 2200m straight up from the water offering superb paddles in the deep fjords. We say goodbye to Greenland and cross to Canada's most remote northern settlements of eastern Labrador and Newfoundland.
We begin our Canadian paddles in Nunavik, eastern Quebec before venturing to the nearby Torngat Mountains, home to polar bears and caribou. Experience mid-Autumn in this wild and remote corner of the world where the dark night sky could very well reward you with a dazzling display of Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights. Join us on our first expedition from Iceland to South Greenland, and all the way down East Coast Canada. Our final days offer great paddles exploring isolated Newfoundland fishing villages and the thousands of islands in NE Newfoundland.
We’re excited about this trip and we can’t wait to share it with you.
Share with your friends
23 September - 13 October
From AU $16,300
Overnight accomodation pre trip in Reykjavik. Group sightseeing tour of Reykjavik. Luggage transport from airport to ship. Accommodation and meals aboard ship, kayak guide, all paddling equipment including dry suit. Airport or city transfer in St. John's at end of trip.
All international and domestic airfares.
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen
- * All trip costs are listed in Australian dollars
Meet at Reykjavik, Iceland
- Day 2
- Tour of Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall. Late afternoon, transfer to our ship, Greg Mortimer. Evening kayak briefing.
- Day 3
- Paddle and explore Westman Islands, Iceland.
- Day 4-5
- Cross the Greenland Sea. Enjoy series of informative onboard lectures.
- Day 6-9
- Explore south coast of Greenland kayaking in Prince Christian Sound, Tasermiut Fjord, Nanortalik and Klosterdal. Visit Narsarsuaq Peninsula, Hvalsey Church and Qaqortoq.
- Day 10 - 11
- At sea to Canada’s spectacular and remote East Coast.
- Day 12
- Paddle and explore George River (Kangiqsualujjuaq), Newfoundland and Labrador, East Coast Canada.
- Day 13 and 14
- Sea kayak at the base of Torngat Mountains National Park and inland tours of majestic wilderness.
- Day 15
- At sea as we sail south to Nain.
- Day 16
- Nain, Newfoundland and Labrador. Kayak and explore the bay.
- Day 17
- Hopedale, Newfoundland and Labrador. Paddle the inner harbours and visit the historical settlement.
- Day 18
- Battle Harbour, Newfoundland and Labrador. Kayak the inner harbours of scenic fishing village.
- Day 19
- L’Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland and Labrador. Kayak and visit historical Viking archeological sites.
- Day 20
- Explore Twillingate, known as the “Iceberg Capital of The World”.
- Day 21
- Ship transits to St John's where the trip concludes.
- Call or email our office to request detailed trip notes.