Greenland, Spitsbergen & Iceland: Jewels of the Arctic
Sea kayak Greenland’s East Coast: The Jewels of the Arctic
14 day voyage 8–9 days kayaking
Join us on a Greenland kayak trip—an expedition voyage of pure exploration to paddle in the largest fjords in the world aboard our Polar mother-ship. After exploring and sea kayaking in northwestern Svalbard (Spitsbergen), we cross to East Greenland. Here, we’ll paddle in Scoresby Sound where the famous big Greenland icebergs are born. On this Arctic sea kayaking adventures, we visit remote Eskimo communities, and expect to see wildlife such as musk oxen, reindeer and arctic fox. In the pack ice we will watch for polar bears, walrus, whales and narwhale. Don’t miss out on this fantastic Greenland kayaking adventure—space is limited.
Share with your friends
4–17 Aug, 17–30 Aug
26 July - 9 August
2019: From AU$10,350
2020: From AU$11,900
Accommodation and meals aboard ship, kayak guide, all paddling equipment including dry suit.
All other airfares and pre- and post-cruise accommodation and transfers.
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen
- * All trip costs are listed in Australian dollars
Meet at Spitsbergen, Norway
- Day 1
- Board ship Longyearbyen, kayak briefing, explore Isfjorden.
- Day 2–3
- Day paddles in NW Spitsbergen.
- Day 4–5
- Cruise across to Greenland.
- Day 6–11
- Day paddles while exploring pack ice, east and southeast Greenland coasts.
- Day 12
- Sail south along Blosseville Coast, last paddle.
- Day 13
- Cruise across Denmark Strait to Iceland.
- Day 14
- Arrive Reykjavik. Group transfer from port to airport.
- Note: 17 Aug - 30 Aug 2019 departure operates in reverse beginning in Reykjavik and finishing in Longyearbyen.Call or email our office to request detailed trip notes.