Paddle Svalbard, Greenland, Jan Mayen and Norway
21 day voyage 19 days kayaking
This voyage combines remote wilderness with remote urbanity giving you a genuine glimpse of life in the Arctic. Kayak in small bays witnessing calving glaciers, marvel at sculpted icebergs, the world's largest fjord, volcanoes, polar bears, reindeer, musk ox and Inuit communities. This expedition will leave you with spectacular photos and a lifetime of stories to share.
Share with your friends
31 August - 20 September
From AU $16,300
Transport from airport to/from ship. Group sightseeing tour on arrival in Longyearbyen. Accommodation and meals aboard ship, kayak guide, all paddling equipment including dry suit.
All international and domestic airfares.
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen
- * All trip costs are listed in AU dollars
Meet at Longyearbyen, Svalbard
- Day 1
- Arrive Longyearbyen, Svalbard, join a town tour of Longyearbyen before emarking. Evening kayak briefing.
- Day 2-3
- Cruise to Spitzbergen's north-west, day paddles were possible.
- Day 4-8
- Cross Greenland Sea towards East Greenland National Park. Spectacular kayaking possible around Kaiser Franz Josef Fjord, Kap Humboldt and King Oscar Fjord.
- Day 9-11
- Continue crusining south down Greenland's eastern coastline. We enter Scoresbysund, the largest fjord system in the world. Possible paddling include Rode Island, Ittoqqortoormiit and Hare Fjord.
- Day 12-15
- More paddling on the Greenland coast before crossing the the Greenland Sea to Jan Mayen.
- Day 16 -20
- Norwegian Coastline. Marvel at Lofoten Islands' towering mountain scenery during paddles including Trollfjord before sailing south and crossing the Arctic Circle. Weather permitting, cruise around Runde Island, Norway's largest bird sanctuary. Perhaps visit Sor-Gjaelingan, a beautifully preserved fishing village, and Lysefjord.
- Day 21
- Trip concludes Bergen
- Call or email our office to request detailed trip notes.