Sea of Okhotsk: Wildlife on the Edge
12 day voyage 7–9 days kayaking
Explore the rugged inner islands surrounded by bands of pack ice within the Sea of Okhotsk. Seldom visited by westerners the wildlife is nothing short of spectacular. Ribbon seals, stellar sea lions, and large colonies of northern fur seals line the shores with Steller Sea Eagles, and massive numbers of seabirds overhead. The evening sky blackens as Crested Auklets return en masse with swarms of guillemots, puffins and fulmars feeding during the day. Kayaking from our base aboard the Spirit of Enderby each day is journey of discovery on this magical adventure.
11–22 Jun 2014
9–20 Jun 2015
2014: From US $7995
2015: From US$8195
- * All trip costs are listed in US dollars
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen
Meet at Sakhalin Island, Russia
- Day 1
- Transfer to ship and set sail for the Sea of Okhotsk.
- Day 2–3
- Exploring the coast of Sakhalin Island.
- Day 4
- Iony Island.
- Day 5–6
- Shantar Archipelago.
- Day 7–8
- Explore by kayak and zodiac the mainland coastline.
- Day 9
- Talan Island.
- Day 10
- Koni Peninsula.
- Day 11
- Yamskiye Islands.
- Day 12
- Arrive Magadan. Disembark ship. Trip concludes.
- Contact our office for detailed notes