Indonesia's Raja Ampat Kayak & Live Aboard
Live Aboard in Raja Ampat's archipelagoes
10 day trip 8 days kayaking
The fifteen hundred islands in the Raja Ampat archipelago are our paddling and snorkelling playground for this 10 day trip. Using a 137 ft sailing ship built in traditional South Celebes finisi style as our floating home, we travel in comfort as we cruise through the islands. Air conditioned cabins with ensuites are perfect for kayaking around the equator. We board our vessel in Sorong and paddle through the Kri islands, Wayag Group and other incredible cays and islets. The marine biodiversity and rich coral reefs are amongst the finest in the world. We are one of the first to paddle in this area and there is also opportunity for divers to explore the underwater world as the ship is fully equipped for guests to go scuba diving. Traditional villages, lush rainforest and exotic birdlife ensure unique experiences each day. We explore secret caves and hidden bays amongst the limestone jewels. Don't miss out on this extraordinary kayaking journey.
Easy to Moderate
29 Oct – 7 Nov; 28 Nov – 7 Dec
22–31 Oct; *5–16 Nov; 21–30 Nov
2017 & 18: From 4200 € (Euros): 11–14 PAX: 4200 € (Euros) 10 PAX: 4500 € (Euros)
2018 12 Day: From 4500 € (Euros): 11–14 PAX: 4500 € (Euros) 10 PAX: 4800 € (Euros) *5–16 Nov special 12 day departure
Accommodation and meals aboard ship, kayak guide, all paddling equipment, and certified dive master on ship. Port transfers at the beginning and end of voyage from airport or hotel. *Note: Single and double kayaks available.
Airfares, airport transfers, extensions, passport, visa, immigration fees, pre- and post-trip accommodation and transfers, alcohol. Meals in Sorong not included. Snorkel and diving equipment is available to rent and not included in the trip cost. Please advise the office on booking your trip if you’d like to scuba dive. PADI certification is required for any diving.
- * Cost depends on cabin chosen. Limited availability for single cabins—please enquire.
- * Single Supplement applies. Price advised on request.
Meet at Sorong, West Papua, Indonesia
- Day 1
- Fly to Sorong. Transfer from airport or hotel to port, board ship and set sail for Kri Islands. Welcome briefing on board vessel over dinner.
- Day 2
- Arrive in the islands in the morning. Customise kayaks and introductory paddle at Mansuar island.
- Day 3
- Transfer to Pef islands for mixture of fantastic paddling and snorkelling.
- Days 4-7
- Explore the outer islands paddling amongst the countless cays and islets in the archipelago. Make our way slowly to Gam Island.
- Day 8
- Explore Kris island and Besir Bay with its inland salt lake.
- Day 9
- Snorkel and kayak at Manta Sandy and paddle mangrove lagoon on the lookout for dugongs on our last kayak outing before returning our kayaks.
- Day 10
- Morning arrival in Sorong. Transfer to airport or hotel. Trip concludes after breakfast.
- 12 Day itinerary has extra 3 days in Misool